Reading a review about Ecuador is one thing but having a Ecuador Trip Itinerary is even better! Come follow our adventures!
Ecuador Trip Itinerary
- Day 1 – Travel (Flights and Busses)
- Day 2 – Traveling from Quito to Banos, Ecuador
- Day 3 – Bike ride from Banos to Puyo
- Day 4 – Hike from Banos to Casa del Arbol
- Day 5 – Amazon Jungle Tour, Day One
- Day 6 – Amazon Jungle Tour, Second Day
- Day 7 – Travel (Busses and Flights)
Heres a few things that we packed!
Day 1: Travel
- 3:30 a.m. Woke up at this ridiculous hour in order to make our flight.
- 6:15 a.m. Departed Austin Airport
- 7:07 a.m. Arrived at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- — 10+ hour layover in Dallas — (that’s what you get for purchasing the $350 super saver fare)
- Spent some “quality” time at the low quality temporary The Club at DFW using Priority Pass membership. Check out our review.
- Then we passed an hour at the Minute Suites before heading to our gate (which changed four times).
- 5:40 p.m. Dallas to Quito, Ecuador flight didn’t actually leave at 5:40. Our 10 hour layover turned into 11 hours by the time we left.
- Arrived near midnight. Spent a half hour in the immigration line and it was 1:00 a.m. before we got to the Quito Airport Suites.
Day 2: Traveling from Quito to Banos Ecuador
- 8:30 am wake up call (rooster)
- 8:30 am breakfast at Quito Airport Suites
- 10:10 am leave Quito for Banos on multiple buses
- Bus Timeline
- 10:30 am Bus #1 Hotel to Quito (downtown)
- 11:30 am Bus #2 Quito to Marin
- 2:40 pm Bus #3 Marin to Banos
- 6:20 pm Arrive in Banos
- 6:20 pm Walk to Hostel (Princesa Maria)
- 7:15 pm Dinner at “El Primo”
- 7:50 pm walk around streets aimlessly
- 8:30 pm head back to hostel / sleep
Review of Day 2: Traveling from Quito to Banos – Ecuador Day 2
Day 3 – Bike adventures / Waterfalls / Puyo
- 8:00 am wake up to get bicycles for bike ride to Puyo (18km)
- Multiple scenic pit stops
- 9:30 am Arrive at Pailon del Diablo bike parking lot
- 9:50 am Arrive at front gate of Pailon del Diablo
- Read about what happened at the waterfall: Bike ride from Banos to Puyo – Day 3
- 11:00 am Empanadas for lunch
- 12:00 pm the Journey to Puyo begins (42km bike ride)
- 1:40 pm pit stop in Mera
- 2:45 pm arrived in Puyo
- 3:00 pm bus back to Banos
- 5:20 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm back to hostel / sleep
Day 4 – Hiking / Swinging from a tree house / Hot Springs
- Hike from Banos to Casa del Arbol
- 9:20 a.m. Began Hike to Casa del Arbol
- 9:56 a.m. Reached Sector Bellavista (huge building with cross)
- 11:50 a.m. Arrived at Casa del Arbol
- Trip to El Salado Hot Springs
- 2:20 pm jumped in the Hot Springs
Check out our trip to Peru and Machu Picchu.