Reading a review about Ecuador is one thing but having a Ecuador Trip Itinerary is even better! Come follow our adventures!
Ecuador Trip Itinerary
- Day 1 – Travel (Flights and Busses)
- Day 2 – Traveling from Quito to Banos, Ecuador
- Day 3 – Bike ride from Banos to Puyo
- Day 4 – Hike from Banos to Casa del Arbol
- Day 5 – Amazon Jungle Tour, Day One
- Day 6 – Amazon Jungle Tour, Second Day
- Day 7 – Travel (Busses and Flights)
Heres a few things that we packed!
Day 1: Travel
- 3:30 a.m. Woke up at this ridiculous hour in order to make our flight.
- 6:15 a.m. Departed Austin Airport
- 7:07 a.m. Arrived at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- — 10+ hour layover in Dallas — (that’s what you get for purchasing the $350 super saver fare)
- Spent some “quality” time at the low quality temporary The Club at DFW using Priority Pass membership. Check out our review.
- Then we passed an hour at the Minute Suites before heading to our gate (which changed four times).
- 5:40 p.m. Dallas to Quito, Ecuador flight didn’t actually leave at 5:40. Our 10 hour layover turned into 11 hours by the time we left.
- Arrived near midnight. Spent a half hour in the immigration line and it was 1:00 a.m. before we got to the hotel.
Day 2: Traveling from Quito to Banos Ecuador
- 8:30 am wake up call (roster)
- 8:30 am breakfast at Quito Airport Suites
- 10:10 am leave Quito for Banos on multiple buses
- Bus Timeline
- 10:30 am Bus #1 Hotel to Quito (downtown)
- 11:30 am Bus #2 Quito to Marin
- 2:40 pm Bus #3 Marin to Banos
- 6:20 pm Arrive in Banos
- 6:20 pm Walk to Hostel (Princesa Maria)
- 7:15 pm Dinner at “El Primo”
- 7:50 pm walk around streets aimlessly
- 8:30 pm head back to hostel / sleep
Review of Day 2: Traveling from Quito to Banos – Ecuador Day 2
Thoughts on the Quito Airport Suites: Quito Airport Suites ( The novice traveler)
Day 3 – Bike adventures / Waterfalls / Puyo
- 8:00 am wake up to get bicycles for bike ride to Puyo (18km)
- Multiple scenic pit stops
- 9:30 am Arrive at Pailon del Diablo bike parking lot
- 9:50 am Arrive at front gate of Pailon del Diablo
- Read about what happened at the waterfall: Bike ride from Banos to Puyo – Day 3
- 11:00 am Empanadas for lunch
- 12:00 pm the Journey to Puyo begins (42km bike ride)
- 1:40 pm pit stop in Mera
- 2:45 pm arrived in Puyo
- 3:00 pm bus back to Banos
- 5:20 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm back to hostel / sleep
Day 4 – Hiking / Swinging from a tree house / Hot Springs
- Hike from Banos to Casa del Arbol
- 9:20 a.m. Began Hike to Casa del Arbol
- 9:56 a.m. Reached Sector Bellavista (huge building with cross)
- 11:50 a.m. Arrived at Casa del Arbol
- Trip to El Salado Hot Springs
- 2:20 pm jumped in the Hot Springs
Amazon Jungle Tour – First Day
Amazon Jungle Tour – Second Day
Check out our trip to Peru and Machu Picchu.
Disclosure: We receive referral credit for some of the links in our blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we certainly appreciate if you do. It costs you nothing, but helps us out. Thank you.